About michael schwartz
Industry AdvertisingFilmMarketingMediaMusicPublic RelationsRadioTelevision
Sector Branded EntertainmentConsumer MarketingCreative ServicesMusic MarketingPost Production
Preferred Job Title ConsultantCopywriterCreative DirectorEntrepreneurPost Production SupervisorProducerScreenwriterVice PresidentWriter
I’m an imaginative, passionate marketing/creative leader and content creator in the music industry, broader entertainment industry, television and sports worlds (and beyond) with a 24/7/365 obsessive idea generation mindset.
I bring a combination of leadership/project oversight/management skills with a full set of hands-on creative skills (writing, design, video content creation, idea generation, integrated marketing) to successfully take on a wide scope of projects from start to finish, from concept creation through concept execution.
I had the honor and great fun of beginning my career as a Page at NBC – an extraordinary initial education on the worlds of television, entertainment, sports etc. I was gratified to have been able to turn that position into an ‘actual’ staff position: a hybrid creative/account role in NBC’s Advertising & Promotion department handling accounts that included the various radio properties and programming NBC owned at the time, and NBC Sports among others.
I followed my passion to the music industry with two leadership positions in marketing/creative at Sony Music Entertainment and Arista Records before deciding to become an independent creative | marketing | idea source to a variety of clients in a variety of spaces.
A few things I’m proud of:
– Researching, writing, producing – and overseeing from pre through post – RCA Records’ 100th Anniversary Worldwide Trailer.
– Idea generation, branding, visual identity for The RENS AAU Basketball Program.
– Logo design for Dan Klores’ recent 10 part documentary for ESPN: “Basketball: A Love Story.”
– Integrated marketing concepts for DKC Communications and helping to launch their in-house creative department.
– Scriptwriting for Discovery I.D. unscripted series.
– Writing, design and art direction, and co-producing the trailer for a forthcoming music documentary on the truly crazy life and career of Peter Lemongello: “But Wait There’s More…The Wild Saga Of Peter Lemongello.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3uRMPF7glI&feature=youtu.be
– Advertising campaigns and strategies to help launch J Records.
Michael Schwartz Creative Inc.
Idea generation, strategy, marketing, branding, visual identity and full creative/marketing services for the media, television, entertainment, music, sports spaces and beyond. Project and team leadership, copywriting, graphic design, and conceiving, writing & producing video & audio content.
Dan Klores Communications
Idea generation, integrated marketing, branding and imaging on a wide variety of successful projects for clients including ASPCA, TMPL Gym, Hornitos Tequila, Watergate Hotel & Complex, Sony Music Entertainment, Clive Davis, actor/director Ed Burns, NBA, NHL, and Fairway Market. Also provide leadership/project management skills and hands-on creative skills including copywriting, video & audio content creation, and graphic design for current clients and all new business pitches including writing and designing pitch decks and pitch sizzle reels.
1996 - 2000
Sony Music Entertainment
Creative leadership, marketing and hands-on creative skills as well as directed teams (writers, designers, video production) to conceive, create, oversee and implement multi-faceted campaigns and essential content (digital, television, radio, print) for hundreds of product releases annually. Major worldwide campaigns and projects for: Bruce Springsteen, Nas, Aerosmith, Alice In Chains, Barbra Streisand, Ben Folds Five, Celine Dion, Destiny’s Child, Luther Vandross, Billy Joel, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Tony Bennett, and many more.
1988 - 1996
• Managed creative teams and oversaw budgets on assigned projects in addition to utilizing hands-on creative skills for projects on behalf of the full roster of artists. • Idea generation for artist marketing plans. • Worked directly with Chairman/Founder Clive Davis on special projects and presentations. • Frequent communication with all key parties, internally and externally. COPYWRITER, CREATIVE SERVICES (1988 - 1990) • Conceived, wrote, produced, and oversaw projects and campaigns for one of the best selling albums of all-time, “The Bodyguard” soundtrack, plus campaigns for top-selling releases in all genres including Pink, Usher, Alan Jackson, Sarah McLachlan, TLC, Grateful Dead and many more. • Video content creation for all sizzle videos, EPK’s and sales presentations. • Idea generation, marketing and imaging for the launch of two affiliated labels: Arista Records Nashville and LaFace Records.