Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Our employees are deeply invested in the Institute, and we strive to invest in them. Permanent, full-time Institute employees enjoy: Health and dental insurance Optional flexible spending account Life, accident, and disability insurance A retirement savings plan with an automatic 7% employer contribution after one year Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays (including a Festival break and floating holidays) Access to funds for professional development
Considerations: Position works full time in our Los Angeles, CA office. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required at key points throughout the year. The Assistant Director, Corporate Advancement will be required to travel and be lodged to work onsite during Festivals, Labs, and other Institute events. Travel estimated at 10%.
Position General Summary: The Assistant Director of Corporate Advancement is an important leadership role that is charged with being the second-in-command sales leader on the Corporate Partnerships team at Sundance Institute. The Corporate Partnership team is responsible for $13 million dollars in contributed and earned revenue, representing 34% of the Institutes’s total revenue. The position reports directly to the head of the department has one direct manager report and must collaborate closely with Park City-based counterparts who oversee our partner activations and strategy across all initiatives.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Collaborates with the department head to manage sale strategies and tactics across all Institute programs.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, negotiates and secures new corporate partners.
- Collaborates with programs to identify sales opportunities and build customized corporate partnership models for each program.
- Supports department head in customizing program specific sales pitches and pricing to grow revenue.
- Serves as the department lead on creating and managing a robust and ongoing pipeline for new business.
- Leads partnership renewal strategy and implementation for personal accounts.
- Creates pitch decks and proposals to meet the caliber of our organization, and the quality of our offering as a leading sponsorship property.
- Works closely with colleagues in the individual giving, foundations and events areas to expand revenue generating opportunities.
- Manages a year-round staff member, includes selecting and training highly effective staff, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure the employee understands responsibilities, is effective in their role, and delegates appropriate and meaningful work.
- Other duties as assigned.Position Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 7 years demonstrated experience in pitching and managing brand partners in the sponsorship, event marketing, and/or entertainment industry (client or agency side is applicable).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a track record of leading and inspiring employees.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and demands professionally.
- Ability to manage complex relationships with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial work style that includes taking initiative, working independently and a rigorous work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high energy, ability to adapt quickly and be flexible in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work efficiently cross-functionally and across multiple levels of management internally and externally.
- Ability to work mornings, nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Understanding of PowerPoint and Keynote.