Career Level Director
Experience 7 Years
Serial Box is an audio storytelling platform that delivers great stories to fans in short installments they can listen to or read. We work with teams of bestselling and award-winning writers to craft gripping stories that sci-fi/fantasy fans love. We partner with companies like Marvel, AMC and other major entertainment brands to continue the stories of world famous characters and show like Thor, Jessica Jones, Orphan Black, and Jessica Jones. And we also create original stories with our in-house content team. Our stories are like podcasts with the option to read. To date, Serial Box has raised over $16m in venture capital and has been featured in The New York Times, Wired, NPR, the Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety, Forbes, etc.
Serial Box is currently looking for a data-driven Director of Growth Marketing to oversee customer acquisition and retention. We’re in high-growth mode, and looking to grow our base responsibly by managing both CAC and retention metrics. You’ll help our team to set our growth strategy, manage the operation of all direct-response advertising efforts, and measure campaign performance. In addition, you’ll be responsible for helping drive LTV by developing, executing, and iterating on cross-sell/up-sell initiatives as well as retention strategies to drive brand loyalty and evangelism.
As our first Director of Growth Marketing, you’ll work with our team to grow the audience with an amazing array of content partners, many of which have not yet been announced. You’ll have reign over our customer database, acquisition spend, and influencer on-boarding, cross-promotion and pricing. You love working in a collaborative environment, want to have a big impact on a growing company, and help define the future of audio storytelling.
You’ll be joining a lean and growing startup, so you should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be organized and detail oriented, and maintain a can-do attitude with a willingness to pitch in where needed. You’re smart, humble secure, funny, thoughtful, creative, driven and kind.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee our customer acquisition program, optimizing the efficiency of existing efforts and testing across new channels, creatives, and messaging strategies, all while managing towards CPA and payback goals
- Develop and test strategies to boost organic growth including referral marketing, email marketing, and ambassador programs
- Own KPIs relating to customer retention with an eye towards continually improving churn and increasing LTV
- Partner with marketing and product team members to pilot new features within the app(s) and site to optimize conversion and retention of listeners and readers.
- Collaborate with Head of Marketing to develop marketing strategies for title launches to drive awareness among current base and expand Serial Box’s acquisition efforts to new customer segments
- Own budgeting and forecasting process for growth pillar and partner closely with finance to actualize performance and create reliable forecasting models
- Coach and develop current team and build a best-in-class growth marketing team as our company grows
Who you are:
- 6 – 8 years of experience in direct-to-consumer marketing, ideally at a company that sells access to digital content
- You have hands-on channel management experience, from online acquisition channels down to pixel placement management
- You are measurement-obsessed and proud to be a power user of Mixpanel, Tableau, Google Analytics, Excel
- You’ve managed multi-million dollar marketing budgets and have experience with media allocation, managing vendors and building growth forecasts
- You’re extremely organized, have excellent communication skills, and are a natural self-starter
This is an on-site position in New York City. Serial Box offers competitive compensation, a 40-hour work week, and a wide suite of benefits including flexible paid time off.
Serial Box is a digital entertainment platform (audio and publishing) based in NYC. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Serial Box not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.