Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
The Broadcast/Video Editor is responsible for editing video content for GZERO Media, which entails embracing tight deadlines while also striving for new and creative forms of video storytelling. The ideal candidate is a consummate professional who can pivot from producing and editing news-oriented content to short documentaries to sales and advertising content.
She/he are part of a team of editors and producers who create the weekly public affairs show GZERO World with Ian Bremmer, which airs nationally on public television and several other digital and social video products.
In addition to crafting the weekly, 30-minute TV program, editing may be required for additional video content, sizzles, and promotional materials. This is a staff position with health/dental/401K benefits. She/he will report to GZERO Media’s Head of Video.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Editing our half-hour Public Television show, “GZERO World with Ian Bremmer”
- Additional editing projects range from short news content, docuseries, internal pitch videos, branded content, social & digital videos as neededMedia management of existing and new video assets and archive
- Co-creation of journalistic, global affairs video content that avoids editorial bias
- Pitching stories and participating in story development for GZERO World and digital videos
- Working with outside vendors as needed on audio and video quality control for broadcast
- Delivery of TV show assets to our parent station for broadcast, and syndication partners as needed
- Internal quality control—audio, color correction, relevant video specs
- Oversight of “style guide” ensuring consistency of GZERO Media video products, logos, branding in partnership with graphic design team
- Advanced knowledge of Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- 10+ years as a video editor at a television network, production company, or digital news agency.
- Broadcast editing experience preferred.
- Experience working on news programs or journalism sites.
- International news and geopolitics-focused coverage experience preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Highly organized, efficient and effective/excellent communicator
- Teamwork — Must excel in working with teams across the organization as well as external partners
- Technical proficiency in remote content delivery is a must—Dropbox, Aspera, FTP, etc.
- Familiarity with media management tools and software
- Position is currently remote, but will be based in our New York, NY, headquarters
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.