Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
GZERO Media is seeking a Digital Insights Analyst to support the efforts of our growing media company. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the Head of Growth.
The successful digital insights analyst is intellectually curious and passionate about data analysis and insights storytelling. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for tracking audience engagement, content performance, and traffic across digital platforms – including our website and social accounts – and regularly reporting insights to internal and external stakeholders. His/her insights will inform content creation and promotion, organic and paid distribution, business planning, sales pitches, and client relationships. The ideal candidate will be an analytics rock star, fluent in web, social and video analytics, and data reporting platforms.
The insights analyst will be an essential team member in GZERO’s startup environment. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who is detail-oriented in analysis as well as reporting. S/he will have opportunity to expand his/her impact to additional Growth team priorities, depending on interest, ability, and capacity.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – print, digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Digital Insights Analyst Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-3 years previous experience as a data or research analyst
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce
- High level of competency with analytics tools including Google Analytics or other web analytics packages, social platform analytics (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and 3rd party analytics and research databases (comScore, CrowdTangle, Shareablee, Tubular Labs, etc.)
- Experience with website tracking and content metadata
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills and Attributes
- Strong judgment and ability to translate data into impactful insights
- Collaboration and communication: team player with ability to become trusted partner to external teams
- Understanding of the sales process and sponsorship expectations
- Understanding of content creation and the editorial process; experience with CMSs
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends and tools; able to articulate trends and growth areas clearly and confidently
- Understanding of the greater media landscape and our position in the market
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail and a forward planner
- Comfortable multitasking and juggling complex logistics and timelines
- A passion for geopolitics and current events is a must
Perks of working at GZERO Media
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.