Experience 3 Years
Our employees are deeply invested in the Institute, and we strive to invest in them. Permanent, full-time Institute employees enjoy: Health and dental insurance Optional flexible spending account Life, accident, and disability insurance A retirement savings plan with an automatic 7% employer contribution after one year Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays (including a Festival break and floating holidays) Access to funds for professional development
Sundance Institute, the non-profit organization behind the annual Sundance Film Festival, works globally and year-round to support and advance the work of independent artists in film, media and theater through a wide array of programs.
Our Digital Product Owner is a key role in helping the organization grow, scale, and expand into new directions by facilitating the digital delivery of new initiatives for audiences and artists, beginning with the delivery of our Sundance Festival digital products, including our mobile app, digital program guide and digital ticketing. These products play a vital role in facilitating the Festival experience from pre-Festival to engagement with Festival content year-round and to further awareness, sustainability, relevance and impact of our brand, mission and programs.
A member of the Institute’s Digital team, the Digital Product Owner will work with a cross functional team from a variety of departments and will play a vital role in connecting our marketing, technology, and operation team needs to our digital products.
This role is perfect for a product leader who can be both strategic and operational, with experience starting new things as well as digging into the details and processes to bring about digital transformation.
This is a telecommute position. Must be able to work extended hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings at key points throughout the year and will be required to travel and work during off-site festivals (Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT), at other Institute offices and events throughout the year. Travel estimated around 5-10%
- Functions as the key interface for the development of new digital products and services.
- Manages the development and delivery of the mobile product from business case through delivery, with a focus on prioritization and implementation.
- Leads a cross-functional team to ensure organizational alignment and participation in the digital product’s development and direction.
- Creates and manages the ongoing mobile digital product roadmap based on business priorities.
- Works closely with the Institute’s Technology (vendor owner) and Marketing teams.
- Coordinates and manages digital project workflows across the business to ensure seamless requirements, includes capture and execution.
- Implements data and analytics strategy to measure and report on engagement, feature receptivity, and return on investment of the new app.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- 3+ years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital delivery, digital product ownership and digital product management.
- Experience with legacy systems and digital transformation and change
- Direct, recent experience delivering digital products, ideally in the digital event space with an emphasis in highly attended multi-venue event.
- Extensive experience developing against a digital roadmap and growing digital audience.
- Experience developing wireframes, customer journey maps, user experience flows, user stories and requirements for ideation and clarification of product vision.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and is a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced work.
- Business-savvy and strategic, and can deftly manage cross-organizational projects that require a sophisticated level of sensitivity and excellent judgment.
- A natural collaborator with excellent communication skills equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
- Solid understanding of digital product development best practices inc. agile, UCD, interface design, lean, A-B testing and software development and deployment.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to balance intuition with data in making decisions.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS in Business, Media, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing content-driven products in B2B and B2C environments.
- Experience in an arts and entertainment related digital company.
|What you will bring to the job:
What you will get from the job:
Start Date and Location: We’re looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Based in LA or NYC preferred.