Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Director, Audience Development is an experienced, hands-on SME on digital performance marketing solutions. This person will be responsible for working with the Partner Growth, Engagement, Marketing, and Roku Channel leadership to execute ROI-driven solutions for content promotion on the Roku platform.
The Audience Development charter includes scaling on-platform performance marketing and analytics including self-serve, and developing a unified framework for evaluating and optimizing audience development campaigns. The Director, Audience Development will drive cross-functional efforts to grow our audience development revenue while shifting the business towards a performance model.
- Drive marketing capabilities roadmap from a business perspective. Prioritize short-term needs across all stakeholders and provide long-term vision for Roku’s performance marketing platform.
- Forecast and own roll-up reporting for audience development revenues
- Own pricing strategy for performance-based products, including on Roku’s self-serve platform.
- Partner with the Product and Data Science teams to build external and internal tools, reporting, and testing plans to drive the success of Roku’s content partners as well as house marketing efforts.
- Develop a unified framework for evaluating promotional deals coming through various channels and the tradeoffs regarding our inventory.
- Manage a team of Partner Planners, who provide day to day client services for our partners and manage end to end execution of marketing campaigns across Roku’s platform, including email and ICS.
- Manage a team of Performance Analysts, who will approve media plans, forecast campaign outcomes, make in-campaign optimization recommendations, and measure outcomes.
- Define and own the process for pre-campaign forecasting and post-campaign data-driven performance evaluation.
- Architect and approve performance media plans, including pricing models and KPI’s, before submission to content partners.
- Own reporting on inventory optimization/utilization and yield.
- Own the marketing component of QBRs with top partners
- Drive adoption of performance-based solutions by our top content partners. Grow the overall revenue and share of revenue derived from performance offerings.
- Provide coaching for Partner Growth Managers members regarding attribution models and performance marketing.
- Partner with Sales Development on the story and supporting collateral for Roku’s performance-based solutions.
- High degree of drive and self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity
- Pragmatic and able to balance short and long-term needs
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Able to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience partnering closely with product teams
- Experience partnering with senior sales leadership to hit revenue goals
- 15 years’ experience in audience development, performance marketing or similar function at a digital media company
- 10+ years’ experience managing and building teams
- Familiarity with digital advertising, performance marketing, and attribution terminology and metrics
- College degree
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed