Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
PBS Distribution is looking for a Director, Creative Services in Arlington, VA to lead the creative development across PBS Distribution businesses, including direct to consumer advertising, social media content and advertising, product design (digital & physical), internal and external presentations and materials, brand-related projects and other key marketing projects, and materials for direct to consumer, trade and internal audiences.
The Director will guide, assemble, evaluate and design a large variety of elements that support PBS Distribution’s business goals, and will represent all creative crafts on their team (design, copy, art direction, animation, video, etc.).
This position ensures creative ideas are developed and executed thoughtfully, by embracing innovation, capitalizing on and showing respect for PBS brand equity, and supporting business goals. The role requires a strong design background and experience managing/motivating a small group of graphic designers.
The Director, Creative Services, reports directly to the VP, Marketing, and partners closely with the Marketing Services and Consumer & Trade Marketing teams and across all PBS Distribution business units. The Director will ensure concepts are delivered seamlessly and optimally across channels and platforms.
- Lead the creation of materials from concept to completion, collaborating with staff, freelance designers, writers and producers to elevate quality and effectiveness of all projects and campaigns.
- Optimize processes for maximum impact and efficiency.
- Manage the flow of all creative projects to ensure on time delivery. Identify and implement best practices for effective work flow management.
- Provide creative expertise to internal partner groups.
- Reinforce the strength of the PBS brand and corporate identity to staff and within creative executions.
- Establish and maintain creative standards for all work, including creation of a style guide for PBS Distribution.
- Assign resources and maintain accountability for all creative deliverables.
- Supervise creative team, providing inspiration, guidance and feedback.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop an understanding of channel-level performance.
- Implement KPIs to ensure creative consistently delivers on objectives, while continually looking for ways to improve.
- Oversee allocation and workload, training/education needs, and seek opportunities to mentor, challenge, cross-train and develop talent in new areas.
- Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
- Should be well versed in the most current design and marketing trends, techniques and programs.
- Must be capable of leading multiple creative solutions quickly from concept to completion across multiple platforms with minimal direction.
- Able to give clear direction to other designers, writers, freelancers and vendors to maintain campaign and brand consistency and to deliver all projects on time.
- A leader who has managed creative teams—someone who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented—able to manage multiple moving pieces and retain a lot of information at once.
- Able to thrive in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong communicator, able to speak comfortably and clearly to key stakeholders and managers.
- Experienced working across multiple platforms—such as print, digital, photo and video.
- Must possess an ability to work as a team player, while displaying mentoring and leadership abilities.
- Portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability.
- Interpersonal leadership, verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational, motivational, prioritization and strategic thinking skills a must.
- Must have strong design and conceptualization capabilities, excellent type design skills and strong understanding of all aspects of design production
- Must have an understanding of 4-color printing process and associated software (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- 7+ years of experience in graphic arts and design within a consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
- A minimum of 2+ years managing a team of 2 or more designers.
- Work experience in a television network or related media company and/or design agency preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Focus in marketing or graphic design.