Career Level Director
Experience 5 Years
About Serial Box:
Serial Box delivers the best stories in audio and for reading. Switch between listening and reading with a single click. We deliver bite-sized stories—dramas, comedy, sci-fi/fantasy, non-fiction and more—to fit your day. Perfect for busy fans of ebooks, audiobooks, TV, and podcasts.
While technology has rapidly evolved, the way publishers and writers bring books to readers really hasn’t. Storytelling in TV has become more sophisticated and multilayered, podcasts have risen to mainstream media status—but ebooks are just books on digital devices, not easier, more fun, or more social than they were before.
Serial Box is here to change all of that: artfully blending together the best of series television and the convenience of ebooks and audiobooks to bring readers a new form of story telling. Releasing fiction serials over the course of 10-16 week seasons, Serial Box is about delivering addictive episodes straight to the user’s digital device to be read or listened to anytime, anywhere.
Taking a few pages from the world of television, Serial Box hires a team of a talented and award-winning writers to collaborate on each serial, pulling the best ideas to develop great characters and craft a narrative that captivates readers over the course of the season. A new ensemble of writers works on each series, so each will vary in genre and length, but they’ll always be entertaining page-turners that keep you wondering what will happen in next week’s episode.
The Director of Title Marketing will lead Serial Box’s title marketing campaigns and strategy. This role will be responsible for ensuring that Serial Box titles reach as broad an audience as possible, through tactics including press and publicity, reader engagement, social media, creator engagement, and more.
- Manage the title marketing team and ensure campaigns are being executed effectively
- Oversee title marketing budget and allocation of funds based on potential for title reach and growth
- Identify opportunities for publicity and fan engagement
- Work with the content team to ensure content is distilled into meaningful messaging for relevant audience
- Manage title publicity campaigns and cadence for press around title releases
- Identify target audiences for title releases, with understanding of audience demographics, behavior, and opportunities/environments to reach them
- An experienced marketer with 5+ years in a marketing management role at a media or book publishing company with a hearty appetite for all the content you’re about to explore at SerialBox.com – and…. you trust Rob’s instincts that the Serial Box CEO, Molly Barton, is a great person with a great vision on a path paved with all the building blocks she needs to win.