Career Level Director
Experience 8 Years +
NEW – 4.13.21
If this is job is YOU – study up on the original, social, video and podcast content for GQ & GQ Sports now.
Submit a killer cover letter about the brands and their content – and how your experience & strengths match the purpose & responsibilities below.
Fill out a complete profile on our site – then email your cover letter & resume to: Amanda@RobBarnettMedia.com / Subject line: Exec Director GQ
Condé Nast Entertainment’s global digital video teams create premium video content showcasing Condé Nast’s iconic global brands. Delivering on average over 1 billion video views per month, the team currently produces 4,000+ digital videos per year in all genres including non-scripted, documentary, how-to, comedy, animation, scripted, branded, virtual reality and (live) event programming.
We are looking for a creative and strategic leader to drive the continued growth of Condé Nast Entertainment’s leading digital video and audio business, a primary function in our evolution into a 21st century world class entertainment company. As Executive Director, Programming, GQ and GQ Sports (English) you will manage one of Condé Nast’s most iconic brands in digital video. You will build, oversee, and grow a digital video and audio IP portfolio and content strategy focused on English language content for US and United Kingdom audiences, with ambition for global appeal. This role is based in New York and reports to the VP, Digital Video Programming and Development, Style (English Language).
The purpose of this role is to build and operate a programming and development team to drive audience growth and engagement with a focus on commercial revenue, delivering on Condé Nast’s preeminent portfolio of brands in the forms of:
- Original, social, and podcast content for global digital platforms (e.g. O&O, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Apple iTunes, Spotify), with focus on premium, scalable quality
- Live cultural events
- Syndicated series for local markets and OTT channels around the world
- Video franchises that transcend platforms and markets
- Oversee programming strategy for GQ’s English language audience in the US and UK, including digital video and podcast content that delivers on GQ’s iconic attributes and optimize appeal on designated exhibition/distribution platforms
- Drive premium storytelling development and execution, bringing fresh perspective to both the content itself and the people, processes and workflows behind it
- Increase the volume and variety of our digital video and podcast content across multiple platforms, including channel launches, OTT, and digital syndication to local markets, leveraging a firm understanding of digital metrics and data analytics
- Partner with Global Physical Production to establish workflows from inception to execution that deliver quality and exceptional storytelling, consistent communication, swift decision making, efficient budgeting, scheduling and deadline enforcement
- Collaborate continuously with CNE digital video strategy partner and brand editorial, audience development to engage existing fans and appeal to new viewers and advertisers
- Partner with CNE Marketing and Branded Entertainment teams to establish workflows for programing plan reviews and creative collaboration, with the goal of creating quarterly and seasonal commercial packages and branded extensions of major editorial initiatives
- Partner with the brand editorial and creative teams, collaborating on annual editorial calendars, as well as reacting to breaking news and real time events that may drive video storytelling
- Partner with Business Affairs & Operations to negotiate strategic deal terms with digital-first talent for original content across entertainment formats (digital video, podcasts), IP rights and distribution and/or licensing
- Work closely with the People/HR and Legal enabling functions to establish and enforce recruiting, hiring management and compensation policies to attract world-class full-time employees