Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
Crooked Media is looking for an LA-based Executive Producer of Culture & Entertainment to oversee the operations and growth of its podcasting portfolio of culture, comedy, entertainment and sports podcasts. Candidates must demonstrate experience having led programming, development and production in the podcast, television, or audio space. The person in this role must exercise strong multi-tasking skills and must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages. You will develop, lead, and iterate on the long-term creative vision for podcast development and talent management. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Programming.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
Executive Producer in Charge of Culture & Entertainment Podcasts
• Provide editorial, physical production, and creative guidance for the current slate of culture, comedy, entertainment and sports podcasts
• Work with and mentor a team of producers to plan segments, guests, and themes to execute on the shows
• Oversee and iterate on the development and production process, constantly improving quality and efficiency and provide best-in-class solutions
• Establish and report on monthly, quarterly, and yearly progress towards goals and elevate production or development issues to leadership
• Review content, quality and production of program segments to ensure consistency with the same standards and practices
Management of Production Team and Hosts
• Manage a team of producers, hosts, editors and production team for each of the shows
• Recruit, mentor, and develop full-time and contract production staff, and work with the People team to maintain high standards for diversity
• Coach and develop host talent and producers
• Provide regular updates and critiques to show teams for both creative and operational improvements
• Work with show producers to resolve day-to-day production team issues and concerns with constructive solutions
Programming Lead for Other Departments
• Provide content updates and communicate to the other key departments including Ad Sales, Marketing, Digital (video) and Social
• Create opportunities to grow and develop new audiences for current slate of shows utilizing video, social and other ways to promote the content
The following characteristics are required of those in leadership positions at Crooked Media. Each leadership characteristic is part of the annual evaluation process and all are critical to effective leadership to advance our organization:
• A strong sense of ownership and excitement related to our mission
• A self-starter and leader who will guide the way of our programming initiatives
• A strong collaborator, who is eager to create a positive environment to work well with others and bring multiple stakeholders together to accomplish amazing things
• A strategic thinker and doer who maintains a strong balance between creative vision and project management skills, which many times will require one to actively roll up their sleeves to bring great ideas to life
• A facilitator of constructive conversations, who values diverse perspectives and promotes critical thinking to ensure compelling ideas are shared and valued.
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with a network or production company or related experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
• 3+ years of experience managing, developing, and mentoring staff members
• A passion and successful track of launching and building entertainment, culture, lifestyle, comedy and sports content
• Strong storytelling and hands-on production skills including show running experience
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
• Willingness to work in Los Angeles and be able to travel for work related productions
• Team player who works well with others
• A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
• Strong relationships with production houses, talent, producers and editors
Crooked believes that we need a better conversation about politics, culture, and the world around us—one that doesn’t just focus on what’s broken, but what we can do to fix it. We are a media network that showcases stories, voices, and opportunities for activism that inform, entertain, and inspire action, because it’s up to all of us to do our part to build a better world.
We cultivate a culture of creativity and expression at Crooked Media. We hire the best talent, ensure they have the tools and training they need, and set them free. If you have a high degree of ownership and are driven to excel, you’ll fit right in.
We approach our work courageously, adapt and improve constantly, and celebrate the wins big and small.
We welcome everyone—as an inclusive workplace, we invite all our employees to bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Our mission and intent encourage people from every nation, race/ethnicity, belief, gender, sexual identity, disability, and culture to feel respected and valued for their unique contributions to our company.
Crooked Media offers full-time, salaried employees competitive compensation packages, 100% company-paid healthcare, 401K matching, unlimited PTO, a fun company culture, casual environment, snacks to keep you energized throughout the day…and a chance to be part of something bigger than ourselves!
That’s it. End of mission