Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
Spotify’s Mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity – by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
We are looking for a culturally sharp, business driven, tech savvy and creatively inspired Global Head of Music Marketing. To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable in three simultaneously complex worlds: the creative world of music and artists, the world of technology and product, and the world of global cultures.
Your role is to use marketing to build and scale Spotify’s music content offering. People across the world have an emotional connection to music and it is your mission to make sure people around the globe develop a similar connection to Spotify. The goal of your work is to drive brand awareness and cultural relevance among our global user base, as well as to fuel user acquisition and consumption of our music portfolio. It’s essential that you are comfortable with both strategy and execution, as you will take the lead on setting our Music Marketing vision and priorities, as well as be responsible for executing all music, playlist and artist initiatives in North America. You will also be accountable to lead a highly hardworking team of music marketers, who are eager for a leader that can help them grow.
You are a senior business leader with a wealth of experience in media and entertainment, and a strength in articulating strategies, prioritizing initiatives, and leading a complex network of partners. You show a strong discernment, by aligning, partnering and driving business initiatives across the globe alongside our Music teams and regional Marketing leaders. You thrive in change.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Global Music Business teams, as well as local Music leadership, to set goals and prioritize initiatives for all of Spotify’s Global and NA music programs.
- Closely partner with our Global Head of Music to craft long term strategies that drive Spotify’s business objectives.
- Deliver the Global Music Marketing strategy and priorities, and supervise the management and budgets of all Global Marketing programs.
- Deliver the North America Music Marketing strategy, lead all aspects of its detailed execution within the region, and be responsible for all North American Music budgets.
- Work closely with key cross-functional partners in Social, Content Promotion, Brand+Creative, Media, Analytics and Comms to ensure a clear understanding of our marketing priorities and strategies, and a sharp execution of our programs.
- Lead all NA and Multi-Market full funnel, music-centric campaigns.
- Serve as the Global Music voice for our annual Spotify campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics in setting and measuring Music Marketing KPIs, and driving a learning culture within your team
- Lead Spotify’s experiential events, especially as related to our Music content, and coordinate annual experiential events focused on our cultural standing
- Track business performance and define key performance indicators to meet targets. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate second-order effects of team plans and actions and adjusts accordingly
- Build a global center of excellence (offering learning programs, best practices, toolkits and other types of knowledge sharing initiatives) in order to empower our regions to excel in their local marketing programs
- Drive global and market level innovation, and create new audience growth opportunities
- Provide strong and clear leadership to your direct reports and their respective functions to ensure clarity of purpose, speed of delivery and empowerment to execute.
- Lead a hardworking, passionate and robust Global Music Marketing Team, primarily based in New York and Los Angeles.
- You will work out of our New York City or Los Angeles office.
Who You Are
- Profound leader with an eye of identifying and connecting analytical insights with creative campaigns and initiative to drive business output and value
- Proactive visionary who is focused on developing marketing strategies for user and consumer growth, and can utilize consumer insights and market dynamics in your decision making.
- A creative and innovative spirit, that encourages exploration and challenges the status quo, with a strong foundation in what actually resonates in culture.
- A leader who consistently draws conclusions from past findings and prioritizes team strategy & actions accordingly. Typically creates decision frameworks to guide the work of a department or team, and clearly articulates these frameworks to partners.
- Significant experience running professional and creative business units for fast growing entertainment or media companies.
- Proven experience leading, coaching and growing people and developing a global organization across multiple levels
- Flexible and able to multitask with a willingness to adopt change and adapt strategies on the fly. You can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while at the same time driving your team toward clarity and solutions.
- Ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative and or business personnel, and in partnering, impacting and influencing key partners in the business.
- And, obviously you are deeply passionate about music and its makers, have an impeccable taste in creative, are a generous communicator who brings no ego.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.