Experience 8 Years +
Head of Corporate Development at Group Nine Media: a proven strategic dealmaker who will support with defining, evolving, and executing Group Nine’s strategy for M&A and partnerships.
A typical week includes
- Assisting with the creation and evolution of the M&A strategy and supporting analyses. Refining transaction requirements that reinforce the strategy
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of what is happening within the industry – identifying and sourcing partnership and M&A opportunities across media, technology and other relevant sectors
- Owning pipeline development. This includes identifying potential targets through market assessments, competitive analyses, growth opportunities, customer needs, prospecting
- Defining and evolving inorganic growth strategy across the Group Nine portfolio
- Working closely with internal and external partners to structure and execute transactions
- Leading the processes of modeling and valuation, conducting due diligence, negotiating terms, and closing strategic transactions
- Overseeing the development of key analyses and support for negotiations
- Communicating results of analyses and recommendations to senior leadership
- Leading other corporate special projects, as time permits
Success will look like
- A robust pipeline of opportunities that is evaluated continually, working across teams to build business cases for high potential opportunities
- Strong relationships and a deep understanding across the entire Group Nine business
- Established best practices and methodologies for end-to-end approach of M&A transactions
- Owning and leading day to day activities and oversight of ongoing processes to ensure transactions are completed within internal and external timelines
The next great Head of Corporate Development will have
- Industry Experience: you have experience (and a network) in media, advertising and/or technology, along with a deep understanding of the digital media content and monetization landscape
- Prior Success: you are a wiz at creating processes, sourcing, evaluating, and actioning on M&A deals, and managing them from end-to-end. Additionally, your financial and strategic acumen is second to none
- Financial, Analytical, and Valuation Skills: you know everything about enterprise valuation techniques, and you are able to read/interpret financial statements and build financial models
- Passion: you have an affinity for the Group Nine brands and get excited about the work you do. On top of that, your energy is contagious
- Interpersonal Skills: you have a track record of relationship-building and collaboration across functions and levels, with strong experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
- Entrepreneurial Attitude: you are a self-starter with an attention to detail and the ability to see the big picture
- Strong Work Ethic: you put in the time and energy it takes to get the job done. You’re comfortable leading and prioritizing multiple initiatives in parallel in order to deliver results successfully
- Agility: you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented environment, and are motivated by challenges
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands – NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.