Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
About TIME Studios
TIME Studios is the Emmy award-winning television and film division of TIME, the global media brand that reaches a combined audience of more than 100 million around the world. Built on the foundation of TIME’s award-winning visual journalism, which has earned over 55 major awards and nominations in the last seven years, as well as 577 million video streams across all platforms in 2019, Emmy-winning TIME Studios harnesses the access and authority of one of the world’s most trusted and respected brands to bring premium truth-based programming to television and film around the world, while continuing to push the boundaries of journalism and visual storytelling through new cutting-edge mediums including virtual reality and augmented reality.
TIME Studios is seeking an experienced film and television executive to lead our Documentary Programming department. This person would be responsible for overseeing a team of producers and a slate of documentary television series and feature documentary films.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record developing, selling, and producing premium, award-winning content.
- Oversee a development slate of documentary television series and feature films
- Manage our in-house documentary team in developing new projects
- Create a pitch pipeline to have projects in market on a regular cycle
- Build a process for evaluation of in-bound project pitches from co-production partners
- Grow a large, trusted network of filmmakers and showrunners
- Continue to build the TIME Studios brand in the television and film marketplace
- Candidates must have 10-15 years of relevant experience
- An understanding and appreciation of news and journalism of all kinds
- An existing network of filmmakers and showrunners
- Excellent contacts at networks and distributors
- Media Production