Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
About TIME Studios
TIME Studios is the Emmy award-winning television and film division of TIME, the global media brand that reaches a combined audience of more than 100 million around the world. Built on the foundation of TIME’s award-winning visual journalism, which has earned over 55 major awards and nominations in the last seven years, as well as 577 million video streams across all platforms in 2019, Emmy-winning TIME Studios harnesses the access and authority of one of the world’s most trusted and respected brands to bring premium truth-based programming to television and film around the world, while continuing to push the boundaries of journalism and visual storytelling through new cutting-edge mediums including virtual reality and augmented reality.
About TIME For Kids
Since 1995, TIME for Kids has delivered age-appropriate news and current-events content to millions of students in elementary and middle school classrooms across the U.S, and, now, for the first time, to homes, to keep kids learning, help them understand the news, and connect them to the world. Each week, TIME for Kids presents news in a format that teaches young readers to become critical thinkers and informed citizens. As an educational publication, the mission of TIME for Kids is to help teachers and parents engage kids with the world around them and inspire them to join the conversation about current events.
TIME Studios is seeking an experienced film and television executive to lead our Kids & Family Programming department. This person would be responsible for developing and overseeing the production of a slate of kids & family television series and films.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record developing, selling, and producing premium, award-winning kids programming.
- Build and manage a small team focused on developing new projects in the Kids space
- Work closely with the TIME for Kids editorial team to understand the brand identity and capitalize on their editorial expertise in creating content for Kids
- Establish a diverse development slate of Kids television and feature films that is complementary to the TIME and TIME for Kids brand identity
- Create a pitch pipeline to have projects in market on a regular cycle
- Build a process for evaluation of in-bound project pitches from co-production partners
- Grow a large, trusted network of producers and showrunners
- Continue build and extend the TIME Studios brand in the television and film marketplace
- Candidates must have 10-15 years of relevant experience
- An understanding and appreciation of news and journalism of all kinds
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across a matrixed, fast paced organization
- A proven track record of developing and overseeing successful Kids programming
- Excellent contacts with Kids executives at networks and streamers
- An existing network of filmmakers and showrunners
- Media Production