Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
About TIME Studios
TIME Studios is the Emmy award-winning television and film division of TIME, the global media brand that reaches a combined audience of more than 100 million around the world. Built on the foundation of TIME’s award-winning visual journalism, which has earned over 55 major awards and nominations in the last seven years, as well as 577 million video streams across all platforms in 2019, Emmy-winning TIME Studios harnesses the access and authority of one of the world’s most trusted and respected brands to bring premium truth-based programming to television and film around the world, while continuing to push the boundaries of journalism and visual storytelling through new cutting-edge mediums including virtual reality and augmented reality.
TIME Studios is seeking an experienced film and television executive to lead our Scripted Programming department. This person would be responsible for developing, pitching and overseeing the production of a slate of scripted television series and films.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record developing, selling, and building partnerships in the scripted marketplace.
- Build and manage a team focused on developing new projects rooted in TIME intellectual property
- Work closely with the TIME editorial team to understand the brand identity, capitalize on the existing brand archive, and build new opportunities around scripted properties
- Build partnerships with showrunners, writers, and producers that have experience in truth-based narrative storytelling
- Establish a diverse development slate of scripted television and feature films
- Create a pitch pipeline to have projects in market on a regular cycle
- Build a process for evaluation of in-bound project pitches from prospective partners
- Oversee production and assign internal TIME Studios executives to projects upon greenlight
- Continue build and extend the TIME Studios brand in the television and film marketplace
- Candidates must have 10-15 years of relevant experience
- An understanding and appreciation of news and journalism of all kinds
- A proven track record of developing and overseeing successful truth-based programming
- Excellent contacts with executives at networks, streamers, and distributors
- An existing network of filmmakers, showrunners, & writers
Seniority Level – Executive
- Media Production