Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
About TIME Studios
TIME Studios is the Emmy award-winning television and film division of TIME, the global media brand that reaches a combined audience of more than 100 million around the world. Built on the foundation of TIME’s award-winning visual journalism, which has earned over 55 major awards and nominations in the last seven years, as well as 577 million video streams across all platforms in 2019, Emmy-winning TIME Studios harnesses the access and authority of one of the world’s most trusted and respected brands to bring premium truth-based programming to television and film around the world, while continuing to push the boundaries of journalism and visual storytelling through new cutting-edge mediums including virtual reality and augmented reality.
TIME Studios is seeking an experienced film and television executive to lead our Specials & Formats department. This person would be responsible for overseeing the development and production of all specials and formats television programming.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record developing, selling, and producing premium, award-winning series and films.
- Oversee the continued development and production of an existing slate of TIME specials
- Develop new specials and formats properties to take to market
- Manage a team of producers developing and executing specials
- Build partnerships with format producers to encourage inbound pitches
- Build a process for evaluation of project pitches, both internal and external
- Create a pitch pipeline to have projects in market on a regular cycle
- Grow a large, trusted network of showrunners and producers
- Continue to build the TIME Studios brand in the television marketplace
- Candidates must have 10-15 years of relevant experience and credits
- An understanding and appreciation of news and journalism of all kinds
- An acute understanding and proven background in developing formats
- An existing network of showrunners and producers
- Excellent relationships at networks
- Media Production