Experience 5 Years
Are you a writer or journalist with creative flair and an interest in international politics? Do you think it’s more important than ever to help the general public understand the dizzying political changes occurring in the world today? Can you look at global stories from a variety of perspectives?
Then you are a great candidate to be an editor and senior writer at GZERO Media, a digital media company that aims to make global affairs engaging and relevant to a broad audience, without ideological baggage or specialist jargon.
In this capacity, you’ll write and edit articles about international politics for gzeromedia.com and our flagship newsletter, Signal.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience and credibility covering international politics, and has strong analytical chops but also knows how to connect with a non-specialist audience.
As a news editor and senior writer at GZERO, you will work with a small team of writers in a dynamic, news-driven environment. You will be writing and editing daily, and must be comfortable with the demands of a fast-paced newsroom, including tight deadlines and sometimes long hours. You have strong news judgment, with clear convictions about what stories to cover every day of the week, and how to approach them with our unique perspective and voice.
Ultimately, we’re looking for a colleague who shares our commitment to making global politics make sense. We want to work with someone who is keen to push creative boundaries and take risks while also making sure to meet deadlines and help hit our goals for audience growth.
This position is based in New York.
- 5+ years of experience in journalism/digital media, including at least 2 years of experience as an editor
- Credibility covering and analyzing international politics
- Strong writing and editing skills
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms on digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Start date: ASAP with full benefits.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.