Experience 3 Years
SENIOR CONTENT PROGRAMMER
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the Role:
A Senior Programmer is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R’s mobile app and website. They are in charge of planning app strategy around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar and assist in giving feedback to junior programmers.
- Create and send push notifications about breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
- Craft push notification plans around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar
- Collaborate with social, front page teams to ensure push notification and content packaging plans are consistent across platforms
- Help establish B/R’s voice and tone on desktop and mobile channels
- 2-4 years of sports media experience preferred
- Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports. Expertise in Fantasy Football, MLB, MMA, WWE a plus.
- A keen awareness of Bleacher Report’s voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms.
- Tech savvy. It’s important that the candidate is well versed in the world of Internet sports. Monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social trends.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
- Candidate must be based in, or willing to relocate to San Francisco
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.