Experience 7 Years
Overview And Responsibilities
AwesomenessTV, a multi-platform media company that is part of the Viacom family of properties, is searching for a dynamic and creative scripted development leader. This is an opportunity to shape and grow the leading entertainment brand dedicated to GenZ girls. In this role, you will lead the acquisition of creative content for Awesomeness Studios. This role will report into the EVP, Co-Head of AwesomenessTV.
- Develop slate of scripted series for Awesomeness
- Identify content that aligns with Awesomeness’s creative vision
- Guide continued growth of scripted series
- Solicits new material and reviews submitted scripts
- Execute and refine content development strategy for scripted series
- Work cross-functionally with departments like Business & Legal Affairs to handle vendor/outside production company contracts
- Guide show creators through script draft and production process
- Handle negotiation factors to acquire content
- Collaborate with Production, Post-Production and Marketing to see projects through to completion
- Assists in the management of pre-production stages, such as budgets and casting
- Guide approval process with executives for new content
- Attends festivals and other events to help scout for creative talent and content
- Build and foster relationships with the creative community to stay on top of the latest trends, talent, etc.
- Help develop process and best practices for the Development team
- Lead and mentor direct reports
- 7+ years of experience in scripted content development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in team management
- Has substantial creative contacts and relationships
- Extensive industry knowledge
- Deep knowledge of and passion for target demographics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Great problem solver and decision maker
- Excellent writing skills
Viacom is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.