Experience 5 Years
The Senior Vice President, Video Strategy, Research & Insights leads Condé Nast’s data gathering and analysis efforts around digital video, powering insights for the editorial, sales and product teams. Candidates must possess a deep understanding of the major video and social platforms and familiarity with both first- and third-party data sources. They must be an expert at taking large data sets and synthesizing them into actionable insights. The position is responsible for collaborating with other senior leadership to identify and then aggressively pursue the learnings that will help power Condé Nast’s programming strategies and digital video business.
Editorial Strategy and Brand Strategy
- Oversee all strategists and manage the higher-level research driven strategic decisions across all brands.
- Provide feedback on programming plans, funnels and decisions on what areas to pursue for video piloting.
- Manage volume and cadence of video creation vs incoming revenue goals, collaborating with the Revenue Operations team to optimize video and revenue performance
- Oversee video viewership forecasts, and serve as a key decision maker in evolving programming situations.
- Work with finance to set KPI for each brand on quarterly and monthly basis.
- Work with production team to align on major projects and troubleshoot workflow issues.
Research and Insights
- Oversee internal Comscore tracking and reporting and overall pacing against key company metrics and KPIs.
- Provide key insights to Programming and Development teams, helping guide content creation decisions and audience growth.
- Liaise with sales research and Business Intelligence team around building new dashboards and ideating future data tools.
- Run growth initiative projects and reports to Senior Management, tracking progress against plan KPIs and milestones.
- Key stakeholder in helping develop video growth initiatives and ensuring that the team is always tracking to over deliver. Provide recommendations, perspective and warnings around the digital business to senior leadership as warranted.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time while working under tight deadlines.
- An expertise and knack for telling engaging, cohesive stories through video content
- Strong presenter – confident, comfortable, and persuasive in a room full of executives and EICs
- Thorough understanding of the YouTube landscape, in addition to knowledge of and an ability to drive audience on other social platforms
- Solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics and can apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of content
- Problem solver, highly motivated, and adaptable to the ever-changing media world
- Clear and effective communications skills and the confidence to advocate for specific video driven strategies in situations where there may be cross departmental pushback