Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Social Media Manager
(revised Job Description 3.30.20)
GZERO Media is seeking a Social Media Manager to support the efforts of our digital team. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the Head of Growth.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for re-developing and maintaining GZERO’s social presences, crafting sharp copy, engaging audiences, growing followers and raising benchmark metrics. As a crucial member of a lean team, the Manager collaborates with growth team members to ensure team and company success. The ideal candidate is an active social media participant with a strong editorial sensibility. S/he is both creative and analytical, and is a strategic, growth-minded thinker with strong journalistic/editorial judgment, awareness of geopolitical news and analysis, and a bias for data-driven decision-making.
In addition to responsibility for executing on social distribution and growth, the successful candidate in GZERO’s startup environment will share responsibility for publishing content, managing the website, organizing digital assets, and tracking campaign results. S/he will synthesize data and content performance in the course of successfully executing on his/her primary responsibilities.
The Social Media Manager will be fluent in the digital landscape, social media platforms, digital video marketing, and be an execution-oriented rock star. The successful candidate will also be involved in writing and/or designing promotional content, supporting paid and earned media opportunities, and providing as-needed support for GZERO’s marketing, platform, and revenue initiatives. The Social Media Manager collaborates closely with editorial, video and design colleagues to identify and achieve common goals.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – print, digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Social Media Manager Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or relevant field preferred
- 5+ years’ previous experience in a social media, publishing, journalism, or related position in a digital media environment
- Strong copywriter with ability to develop an editorial voice for GZERO that may vary by platform
- Growth-minded digital media native with expertise in publishing operations, CMS operations, and content metadata
- Expertise with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social platforms, and hands-on experience with social analytics, including platform analytics offerings and CrowdTangle, Shareablee, Tubular Labs, etc.
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite (or comparable platform); knowledge of Google Analytics/Google Search Console or other analytics and search tools
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Creative/design background and experience in Adobe suite a plus
Additional Skills and Attributes
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to translate editorial content into concise and compelling social copy; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, collaboration and communication: team player with ability to become trusted partner to external teams
- Strong prioritization skills to ensure highest priorities are always taken care of, and work is on target to reach goals, even in chaotic periods
- Disciplined, organized worker able to balance need for process and efficiency with expectations for high quality
- Experience with SEO/SEM campaigns and tools
- Experience with client service and account management
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; ability to articulate digital trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Understanding of the greater media landscape and our position in the market
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail and a forward planner
- Comfortable multitasking and juggling a variety of campaigns at one time
- A passion for geopolitics and current events is a must
Perks of working at GZERO Media
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Start date: ASAP with full benefits.