Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
The ideal SVP, Chief Marketing Officer candidate is passionate about the evolving media landscape, an experienced relationship builder and intuitive business partner. Understanding the media agency/ client relationship as a gateway to knowing an advertiser’s goals and initiatives. Proven leadership within a world-class organization, ideally as a chief marketing officer, responsible for driving significant revenue impact, brand reach, and engagement. Experience, stature and credibility in the digital media industry is essential. Broad marketing/communications skill-set with depth of experience across various media platforms, including print, display, video, search, email, social and mobile.
Broad experience across verticals like packaged goods to HBA/beauty, luxury and fashion is most desirable. An understanding of the international marketplace is necessary. Track-record of managing, growing, and sustaining a brand across the full spectrum or marketing channels and creating a compelling and differentiating brand position in the marketplace.
To be successful in this role, the SVP, Chief Marketing Officer must have experience in the full suite of marketing disciplines, from branding to product marketing. Experience with membership, B to B, and B to C media platforms is highly desired.
The SVP, Chief Marketing Officer must be a strong leader with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a track record of leading organizations through change and succeeding in highly-matrixed organizations. This position reports to the President of Hearst Magazines’ division.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- Overseeing all corporate marketing functions, inclusive of advertiser supported programs in print/digital/social/video. The role is overseeing the corporate integrated and digital marketing teams to support corporate programs across all advertising categories. The functions of this group include ideation, execution and measurement of all corporate projects generated by the Hearst Media Solutions Team.
- Working with Senior Management to create positioning of Hearst Magazine Media to both internal and external constituencies. Aside from building a new positioning platform, the SVP, Chief Marketing Officer will be a part of the senior sales leadership team to create marketplace presentations with quarterly updates, as needed.
- Re-conceptualizing the MagFront, the annual November Sales/Marketing Management meeting, and the annual 360 Best Sale/Best Practice initiative, as well as develop new relevant efforts to build momentum within the Hearst sales/marketing culture.
- Ongoing effort to identify USP for Hearst Magazine Media, identifying what is unique and differentiated and communicate that within the organization, as well as all external materials.
- Representing Hearst at key industry functions to tell the story. Including but not limited to the ANA, Advertising Wee, Cannes, WWD conferences, etc.
- Leadership thinking on all new media developments/ad product announcements/ new launches, etc. This would include new insights on print/digital/video that can be used for sales purposes.
- Overseeing industry trade communications and PR for all Hearst Magazine Media. 15+ years’ experience in media marketing, publishing or in a related aspect of the advertising industry.