Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
The SVP, Talent Relations is responsible for supporting and guiding one of our most valued assets at AMC Networks — our programming talent. This position will act as one of the liaisons between AMC, BBC AMERICA, IFC & SundanceTV’s on-air talent and their representatives to strengthen relationships, troubleshoot issues and leverage talent. The person in this role will have a seat at the table at all discussions related to talent including production, contract negotiations, marketing initiatives, promotional support, etc in order to weigh in from a talent relations perspective. This role will also have a 360 degree view of all requests across the company for talent and will guide and weigh in on where they think talent should be utilized to achieve company goals. They will oversee a Manager/Director, Talent Relations, who will serve as the conduit between the company and the talent and will execute all logistics surrounding the requests. Finally, the person in this role will act as an advisor to the network group President and President of Programming, guiding them on how they can best support the company’s talent relations efforts.
- Actively engage the talent very early on and build and maintain personal and business relationships with AMC Networks talent, providing them with on-going guidance and mentorship
- Act as an ambassador for AMC Networks to the talent community (publicists, managers, etc).
- Advocate for a holistic approach, creating synergies and efficiencies with talent asks and establishing a close alignment with individuals across various teams.
- Manage Manager/Director, Talent relations to ensure requests are managed efficiently and effectively
- Accompany talent to marketing shoots, Upfront, and other network events/activities
- Act as a point person and strategic counsel to AMC Networks key executives and external producers in connection with talent relations issue-oriented troubleshooting and resolution.
- Devise and manage a proactive talent relations plan for our key senior executives including set visits, dinners, notes, calls, etc.
- 15 plus years in Entertainment Talent Management or similar
- Ownership mentality. Will be expected to anticipate and surface issues before they become problems, and feel responsible for the solution, not just ‘pass on the note.’ Will display the courage to keep at it if something isn’t being met with the attention it deserves, and candidate must have the emotional intelligence to keep effectively re-framing the issue if it isn’t resolved.
- Great judgement is paramount especially knowing when to escalate and when to diffuse. Will have the resilience to absorb what can be intensity of creative players in a high pressured world and not play into it.
- Must be impeccable in building trust with talent, including having the maturity and honesty to frame business realities and needs when needed.
- An established track record of outstanding judgment in fast-paced, high-profile environment, particularly in dealing with time-sensitive, confidential and/or controversial matters
- Strong people person with good listening skills
- Strong diplomacy skills
- Highly collaborative with a proven ability to work well with others
- Ability to understand and navigate complex issues
- Proven experience managing, coaching, and developing staff
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written & verbal), and presentation skills
- Moderate traveling (approx. 40%) will be required in this role
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
The Company is committed to policy of nondiscrimination in its employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, alienage, citizenship, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.